Since the last official release, there’s been a lot of work on the Identica-mode for Emacs. Its been a while since the last release and probably most users have been using the development version directly from the Git repository. Even though I try to make the development branch as stable as possible, official releases give some users more confidence and ditributions (like Arch, so far I know of) can name their packages with some versioning reference.
What’s new on v1.1
- Added “natural” repeating, mapped to the “r” key
- Added icons to indicate if automatic timeline updates are on or off
- Can now delete notices
- Added option to show timeline in reverse order (newest at the bottom)
- Added support to recognize ur1.ca urls without the “http://” part (some clients like Choqok use this syntax)
- Added support to recognize unicode urls
- Added option to limit number of dents in timeline
- Removed dependency on cURL to shorten URLs with ur1.ca
- and many bug fixes
I hope you enjoy using identica-mode as much as I do. I’d also like to share my joy of developing and improving it as well, so if you have any ideas or code contributions, please use the project’s Savannah page.
Any donations to support the development of this project are very much appreciated. Thank you for using, contributing or supporting Emacs Identica-mode.